We Help Execute Separation Agreements in Baltimore, Rockville, Potomac, Bethesda & the Surrounding Areas
A separation agreement, once executed, is an enforceable and legally binding contract. Whether parties are physically separating from each other or are looking to separate their property, financial, or other obligations, a separation agreement can clearly set forth the respective rights and obligations of each party.
A separation agreement may contain provisions regarding:
- Child custody
- Child access
- Child support
- Spousal support
- Property division
- Division of debts
- Pension plans
- Retirement plans
- Business interests
- Financial accounts
- Payments for expenses
- Tax issues
- Attorney fees
The agreement sets out the understanding between the parties, establishes rights and settles issues. The parties do not have to file the separation agreement with the court in order for it to be enforceable as a contract. A clearly written agreement can help avoid misunderstandings.
Call (301) 563-6685 to learn more about separation agreement services near Bethesda, MD!
How Are Separation Agreements Created?
Separation agreements are created by the parties, often with the assistance of a separate lawyer representing each party. The parties may negotiate the terms of the agreement with the help of legal counsel. In some cases, they may participate in an alternative dispute resolution process such as mediation or collaborative law in order to develop a comprehensive agreement.
Separation Agreement Attorneys in Maryland
Andalman & Flynn family law lawyers provide services regarding separation agreements including:
- Providing advice regarding entering a separation agreement
- Identifying issues for resolution by a separation agreement
- Negotiating a separation agreement
- Drafting a separation agreement
- Assisting with the implementation of a separation agreement
- Enforcing a separation agreements
- Modifying a separation agreement
- Challenging unconscionable separation agreements
- Defending claims arising out of separation agreements
For more information, click on the links below:
- Marital settlement agreements
- Property settlement agreements
- Options for married couples who do not have any children, and who have reached and signed a settlement agreement
- Settlement agreements in divorce cases involving disability benefits
Schedule a Consultation with Our Maryland Separation & Divorce Lawyers
Our experienced lawyers at Andalman & Flynn are familiar with matters involving separation agreements in Maryland. Whether you have questions about negotiating separation agreements, enforcing separation agreements, modifying separation agreements, or need assistance to know your rights and obligations regarding a separation agreement, contact us online today. For a consultation, call (301) 563-6685!
If you need assistance with your agreement, contact us today or call (301) 563-6685 to schedule a consultation with a Maryland separation lawyer.