Guardianships of Elderly and Vulnerable Adults
When a loved one needs your help, turn to us.
Guardianship is the legal process by which the court appoints one or more individuals to manage the person and/or property of a person who is unable to care for his- or herself and/or unable to manage his or her property. The guardianship attorneys at Andalman & Flynn are well-versed in the detailed procedures for commencing legal proceedings or negotiations, drafting relevant documents, providing required notices, preparing to present necessary evidence, managing court hearings, managing property, meeting annual reporting requirements, and protecting due process and other rights. Whether we’re pursuing, defending, managing, or terminating the guardianship of an adult or crafting less restrictive alternatives, our attorneys will work with you to secure results that are respectful of each individual’s needs and each family’s circumstances.
We’re here to guide you through every facet of adult guardianship matters.
Our experienced guardianship lawyers provide a comprehensive array of services, including:
- Representing hospitals, nursing homes, and other care providers seeking the appointment of a guardian for an adult person alleged to be under a disability
- Representing adult persons alleged to be under a disability in navigating the litigation or alternative dispute resolution processes
- Representing family members, friends, and other interested persons in legal proceedings regarding the appointment of a guardian for an adult person alleged to be under a disability
- Serving as court-appointed guardians of adult persons found to be under a disability and judiciously exercising our fiduciary duty
- Serving as court-appointed guardians of the property for adult persons found to be under a disability and responsibly exercising our fiduciary duty
- Representing family members, friends, and other interested persons in alternative dispute resolution processes to resolve outstanding issues related to adult guardianship matters
- Drafting less restrictive alternatives, including powers of attorney and similar directives, and assisting with related estate planning
When you need help obtaining, defending, managing or terminating an adult guardianship matter, you can rely on our knowledgeable and compassionate attorneys. Please contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Schedule a Consultation
Client Testimonial – Thoughtful Legal Guidance
“I am writing to tell you how very pleased I am with the care and attention that I received from the law firm of Andalman and Flynn. From the outset, I was impressed by the organization of the office, and the thoughtful legal guidance that I received in the areas of family law and landlord-tenant issues. My attorney, Peter Casciano, met with me when I was a walk-in client in distress. He immediately directed me to several public agencies of which I had need, and advised me in the process of becoming a client of the firm. His advice and understanding, on such short notice, was much needed and greatly… appreciated! It gave me a sense of security at a very difficult time. I was deeply impressed by Mr. Casciano’s on-going ability to listen to and understand my point of view. At all times, he provided clear information about various legal options that were open to me. I felt that I was well informed, and that I was not pressured to proceed in a particular direction. Rather, I felt encouraged to take time, to think, and to consider solutions that were most suitable to me and to my situation. It is assumed that an attorney will be knowledgeable in his field. Even so, I was impressed by Mr. Casciano’s easy grasp of any situation that I relayed to him. His recommendations were always sensible, and his skill at making legal options clear and understandable is outstanding! I felt, at all times, that Mr. Casciano was empathetic to my concerns and firm in his determination to protect my interests. Based on my experience, I would recommend Andalman and Flynn to anyone who needs a top-notch attorney. Andalman and Flynn is my law firm of choice!” Very Truly, M. Peckham
Montgomery County Resident Read more “Client Testimonial – Thoughtful Legal Guidance”
Client Testimonial – I couldn’t be happier with the result that I got
“I was recommended to Ms Vann from a friend of mine. I couldn’t be happier with the result that I got. I was dealing with custody and financial support issues with the mother of my twin boys and trying in vain to do the right thing by myself. Working with Ms Vann relieved so much of the stress that I was going through. It is about six months since my case was closed and things are still going really well. I only wish that I had contacted her sooner!”
Schedule a Consultation
When you need experienced legal counsel, turn to Andalman & Flynn. Our renowned team is here to provide vigorous representation for your most pressing family law and disability law issues and disputes.
Please contact us today to schedule a consultation.