Raising children is a big responsibility.
Most parents cherish the time they spend with their children and value the opportunity to make decisions regarding their education, healthcare and other important life matters. Because child custody arrangements determine the allocation of parental responsibilities and how parenting time will be shared, these situations are often emotionally charged. An endless number of variables come in to play, as well, further complicating the ability to reach an agreement. Having a skilled family law attorney is integral to reaching a custody agreement that works for all parties involved. At Andalman & Flynn, our practiced family law attorneys have more than 60 years of experience negotiating these challenging contracts. If an agreement isn’t possible, you can rely on us to fight with conviction in court to protect your rights, as well as those of your children.
What’s involved in a child custody agreement?
A child custody agreement is a written document outlining the guidelines for child custody between the parents of a child or children. It’s generally issued in connection with a divorce or separation proceeding and may contain various instructions regarding:
- Which parent has primary physical custody of the child
- Which parent is entrusted with legal custody of the child (usually the same parent that is granted physical custody)
- Whether custody will be split equally between the parents, or whether one parent will have more physical custody time
- Visitation schedules for the non-custodial parent
In addition, the custody agreement may address various issues such as child support provisions, and whether or not other parties can assume custody of the child (such as a grandparent or close relative).
At Andalman & Flynn, we understand that the health and well-being of your children are of the utmost importance to you. Protect their future with a solid child custody agreement. Please contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Schedule a Consultation
Client Testimonial – I couldn’t be happier with the result that I got
“I was recommended to Ms Vann from a friend of mine. I couldn’t be happier with the result that I got. I was dealing with custody and financial support issues with the mother of my twin boys and trying in vain to do the right thing by myself. Working with Ms Vann relieved so much of the stress that I was going through. It is about six months since my case was closed and things are still going really well. I only wish that I had contacted her sooner!”
Client Testimonial – Thoughtful Legal Guidance
Family Law Services
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Parenting Plans
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Collaborative Law
- Guardianship of Minor Children
- Guardianships of Elderly and Vulnerable Adults
- Alternative Families
- Division of Marital Property
- Probate and Estate Planning
- Protection Against Domestic Violence
- Wills, Powers of Attorney, and Health Care Advance Directives