Adult Guardianship Attorneys in Maryland
The guardianship attorneys at Andalman & Flynn are here to help. These matters involve adults who cannot make and communicate responsible decisions regarding their person or financial circumstances. Whether we are pursuing, defending, managing, or terminating the guardianship of an adult person alleged to be under a disability or crafting less restrictive alternatives, our attorneys will work with you to secure results that are respectful of each individual’s needs and each family’s circumstances.
If you live in Maryland and require representation by an experienced adult guardianship attorney, call Andalman & Flynn at (301) 563-6685 today!
What is Adult Guardianship?
Maryland recognizes guardianship as the legal process by which the court appoints one or more individuals to manage the person and/or property of a person who is unable to care for his- or herself and/or unable to manage his or her property. The guardianship attorneys at Andalman & Flynn are well-versed in the detailed procedures for commencing legal proceedings or negotiations, drafting relevant documents, providing required notices, preparing to present necessary evidence, managing court hearings, managing property, meeting annual reporting requirements, and protecting due process and other rights.
Our Adult Guardianship Services
At Andalman & Flynn, we can help you with each facet of an adult guardianship matter. Our services for these matters include:
- Representing hospitals, nursing homes, and other care providers seeking the appointment of a guardian for an adult person alleged to be under a disability
- Representing adult persons alleged to be under a disability in navigating the litigation or alternative dispute resolution processes
- Representing family members, friends, and other interested persons in legal proceedings regarding the appointment of a guardian for an adult person alleged to be under a disability
- Serving as court-appointed guardians of adult persons found to be under a disability and judiciously exercising our fiduciary duty
- Serving as court-appointed guardians of the property for adult persons found to be under a disability and responsibly exercising our fiduciary duty
- Representing family members, friends, and other interested persons in alternative dispute resolution processes to resolve outstanding issues related to adult guardianship matters
- Drafting less restrictive alternatives, including powers of attorney and similar directives, and assisting with related estate planning
Have questions about adult guardianship matters, contact the guardianship attorneys in Maryland at Andalman & Flynn today!
Contact Andalman & Flynn for Legal Assistance with Adult Guardianship Matters in Maryland
At Andalman & Flynn, we’re here to help you decide on the best course of action and to assist you to resolve your concerns. Contact us online today for help obtaining, defending, managing or terminating an adult guardianship matter in Maryland. For a consultation, you can call (301) 563-6685, or toll-free at 1-888-558-7871.