Collecting on Your Landlord Tenant Money Judgment | MD Collections Lawyers
We offer appointments by phone, video, or in-person.
Andalman and Flynn logo

Collecting on Your Landlord Tenant Money Judgment

May 9, 2017 | Collection Law

In Maryland, landlords can obtain money judgments against tenants in Failure to Pay Rent actions. While traditional civil money judgments allow for plaintiffs to proceed straight to collection measures, there is one additional step to take if you simply have a money judgment disposition in your Failure to Pay Rent case.

Keep reading to learn more about the steps you can take to collect on your landlord tenant money judgment in Maryland!

How to Collect Your Landlord Tenant Money

The first step you must take is to file a Request for Transmittal Judgment. Your case will then be provided a civil case number, which is required for you to proceed with collections. Once you receive notice of a civil case number and notice that a trial judgment was entered, you can then proceed with collections as long as you wait the required number of days in order to allow for a defendant the opportunity to have the judgment vacated.

Contact the Collections Attorneys at Andalman & Flynn

This first step may seem simple, but it does show the importance of speaking with a collections attorney who understands the small, yet complicated steps in obtaining and enforcing judgments. At Andalman & Flynn, we have experienced attorneys who have assisted many individuals and companies in obtaining and enforcing judgments. Please contact our collections attorneys to discuss the facts of your case.

You may also be interested in…