Nelson Garcia, Esq
I am experienced in helping business owners navigate the world of family law. I have a reputation for being aggressive, effective, thorough and professional, while providing my clients with the education and support needed to be successful throughout the process. My largest referral source is my clients, past and present. Please see my Client Reviews and Peer Endorsements on avvo.com where I have a 10.0/Superb Rating.
I am a trained mediator and highly skilled litigator, as well as experienced in appellate advocacy before the District of Columbia Court of Appeal and the Maryland Courts of Appeal. Regardless of how complex or contested a matter is my primary goals are to provide my client with a clear understanding of how the law applies to his/her particular situation, the status and next steps in the process and to obtain the best results for my client.
Prior to joining Andalman & Flynn, I was a Partner with a law firm in Chevy Chase, Maryland where I focused my practice for 15 years also in divorce, child custody, domestic violence and other family law matters and practiced in the areas of Family Law and Litigation as an associate at another law firm.
Born and raised in Miami, Florida, I graduated from Florida State University in 1979, where I earned a B.A., English and Business Co-Major, and earned my Juris Doctor in 1983 from Boston College Law School. I am a former Commissioner for the Montgomery County Maryland Commission for Women and lecture frequently on divorce and separation, domestic violence and other Family Law Matters and have been a talk-show participant on radio and television in these areas on numerous occasions. I speak Spanish fluently. In my spare time, I enjoy playing the drums and music with friends.
Law Associations: Maryland State Bar, District of Columbia Bar, Montgomery County Bar, Prince George’s County Bar, Maryland Hispanic Bar, Maryland Association for Justice.
Professional Experience (Family Law)
Andalman & Flynn, P.C.
- Of Counsel (January, 2019-present)
Thyden Gross and Callahan, L.L.P.
- Partner (January 2014-January 2019)
- Of Counsel (February 2004-December 2013)
Robert A. Ades & Associates
- Staff Attorney (January 2000-February 2004)
- Boston College School of Law, Newton, MA, Juris Doctor, May 1983
- Florida State University, Bachelor of Arts 1979
- English and Business Co-Major, Dean’s List Honors
- Maryland: All State Courts
- Washington, DC: The Superior Court for the District of Columbia
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- Maryland Hispanic Bar Association
- Metro Bethesda Rotary Club, Membership Committee
- Casa de Maryland Pro Bono Program and Legal Advice Clinics
- Commission for Women of Montgomery County, MD Legal Advice Clinics
- New Beginnings Legal Advice Clinics