What Is a Prenuptial Agreement?
A prenuptial agreement is a contract entered into prior to marriage by the persons intending to marry. A prenuptial agreement may also be called an antenuptial agreement or premarital agreement.
Prenuptial agreements vary widely in their content and can offer opportunities to:
- Determine what happens with certain property
- Set forth frameworks for future decision making
- Establish clear expectations for the management of financial and other matters
- Detail the sharing of responsibilities
- Support estate plans, tax plans, or similar income, asset or liability protection measures
- Document other special considerations of the parties
As a result, prenuptial agreements have the potential to promote important discussions between the parties, facilitate relevant disclosures by each person, encourage thoughtful planning, reduce future conflicts, limit future court involvement, and reduce future attorney time and expense. Contact us today to get started.
Our Services for Prenuptial Agreements in Maryland
Andalman & Flynn family law lawyers provide services regarding prenuptial, antenuptial, and premarital agreements including:
- Providing advice regarding entering a prenuptial agreement;
- Identifying issues for resolution by a prenuptial agreement;
- Negotiating a prenuptial agreement;
- Drafting a prenuptial agreement;
- Assisting with the implementation of a prenuptial agreement;
- Enforcing a prenuptial agreement;
- Modifying a prenuptial agreement;
- Challenging a prenuptial agreement;
- Pursuing or defending claims arising out of prenuptial agreements.
Contact the Maryland Family Law Experts
Our experienced lawyers at Andalman & Flynn are familiar with matters involving prenuptial, antenuptial, and premarital agreements in Maryland. Whether you have questions about negotiating agreements, enforcing agreements, modifying agreements, or need assistance to know your rights and obligations regarding an agreement, contact us online today. For a consultation, call us at (301) 563-6685 or toll-free at 1-888-558-7871.