Peace Orders

If you have suffered abuse from someone outside your family, it’s important to know that you do have options. You may qualify for a Peace Order, which will grant you protection from the abuser so you and your loved ones can begin a safer way of life—the life we believe you deserved all along.

At Andalman & Flynn, our abuse lawyers in Silver Spring, MD are dedicated to helping residents of Montgomery County get the protection they need. But abuse is a very sensitive issue and immediate action is required to prevent further harm, both physical and emotional. Don’t wait to seek out help—call us today for legal assistance filing a Peace Order in Maryland!

Who Qualifies for a Peace Order?

In Maryland, Peace Orders are available to a person needing protection from a:

  • Person with whom there is no special relationship, as required by a Protective Order
  • Significant other
  • Neighbor
  • Co-worker
  • Acquaintance
  • Stranger

Still unsure if you qualify for a Peace Order in Montgomery County? The abuse lawyers at Andalman & Flynn can help you determine eligibility based on your relationship with the abuser. If yours is a case of domestic violence, note that a Protective Order is likely the better method for gaining the protection you need. In the case of a significant other, it is also possible that a Protective Order is the correct type of order for your situation, should you have lived with the abuser for 90 days or more over the course of the last year.

The difference lies in the type of protection you receive. While a Protective Order covers certain aspects of those close, personal relationships, like custody rights and financial support, Peace Orders can cover certain criminal acts. This includes harassment, trespassing, and the malicious destruction of personal property.

If you have further questions regarding the application process or the type of protection Peace Orders provide, schedule a consultation with our abuse lawyers in Maryland.

Maryland Abuse Lawyers

At Andalman & Flynn, our experienced abuse lawyers can help you with the filing process to ensure your application is filled out thoroughly and accurately so you can get the safety you deserve.

If you require assistance when our office is closed, please contact the District Court Commissioners for an Interim Peace Order that will grant you temporary protection so you won’t be harmed while you wait for business hours to resume. We’ll then assist you in obtaining a more permanent Peace Order the following business day.

 You don’t have to live with the threat of abuse hanging over your head—contact the abuse lawyers at Andalman & Flynn today and we’ll provide you the support you need to get through this.

Are You Sure?
You are now leaving
Stay on Page
Leave Page
Stay on Page