Family Law Forms in MD| Financial Statement Family Law | Maryland Family Attorney | Andalman & Flynn Law Firm
We offer appointments by phone, video, or in-person.
Andalman and Flynn logo

Maryland Family Law Forms: What Is the Difference Between the Short and Long Financial Form?

Nov 8, 2013 | Family Law

By:  Amanda Vann, Esq.

When filing a civil domestic case in any Circuit Court in Maryland, specifically when you are seeking a divorce or child custody, both parties must complete a financial statement to be submitted with the complaint and answer. There are two financial statements: the short form referred to by the courts as CC-DR-030, and the long form referred to by the courts as CC-DR-031.

Your family law financial statement is one of the most important documents in your case because it gives the court insight into your finances and will be used by the judge when assessing your credibility in general and when making financial decisions regarding:

Determining Which Family Law Financial Statement to Use

Many people find it confusing when to use the short financial form and when to use the long financial form. If one party is contesting the matter or seeking alimony or child support, then both parties need to complete and file the long financial form (DR31). Both parties can submit the short form if:

  • The matter is uncontested
  • The matter does not involve child support
  • The matter does not involve alimony

Even if you can’t afford an attorney for your entire divorce, child support, or child custody matter, you should seek the help of a family law attorney to explain the ins and outs of your financial form and any other family law forms required for your claim. The attorneys at Andalman & Flynn can help! If you need representation for your family law case in Maryland or would like assistance completing your financial form, please contact attorney Amanda Vann at or call 301-244-4524.