Elliott Andalman, along with co-presenter Richard Neuworth, will present a live national teleconference sponsored by the National Business Institute (NBI) on Nov. 20, 2013 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The teleconference is titled “Coordination of Disability Benefits: Traps for Unwary Attorneys.”
There are a variety of benefits available to workers who become disabled. They include:
- Private disability insurance policies
- Group disability insurance policies usually issued through the workplace
- Worker compensation insurance
- Social security disability benefits
- Disability retirement benefits for federal and postal workers as well as many public employees of states, counties and municipalities.
Unfortunately, many of these disability benefits cannot be stacked. Rather, there are an array of offsets and coordination of benefits that can lead to very unpleasant surprises if you are not aware of which programs offset others and how they offset.
Mr. Andalman and Mr. Neuworth, both of which have decades of experience in this area, will help sort this out for you in this live teleconference so that disabled individuals can maximize the benefits available to them.
About Elliott Andalman, Experienced Disability Lawyer
Mr. Andalman has been practicing law for over 30 years, concentrating on disability claims in Maryland, the District of Columbia, and nationally. Over the years, he has helped hundreds of workers obtain disability benefits through assistance programs, including:
- Short Term and Long Term insurance policies (STD and LTD)
- Social Security Disability (SSD)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- FERS/CSRS Disability Retirement for federal and postal workers
- Maryland State Disability Retirement benefits
Attorney Andalman is also active in various legal organizations such as the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU); Maryland Association for Justice (MAJ); the National Organization of Social Security Representatives (NOSSCR); and the Legal Advisory Board of the National Capital Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society—to name a few. You may read more about his accomplishments in his attorney profile.
Want to register for the event? Call 1-800-931-3140 or sign up online today. Or, contact us for assistance obtaining disability benefits and one of our experienced attorneys will guide you through the process.