Earlier this month, the Montgomery County Circuit Court in Rockville opened KIDS SPOT—a brand new child waiting center. The new center provides a place where our clients can bring their children while they are at court.
Who Can Use KIDS SPOT?
While this is a terrific new resource offered by the court, the public should be aware that there are some rules and restrictions:
- KIDS SPOT is for children ages 2-12 years old.
- Kids DO NOT need to be potty trained!
- Parent must be at the Circuit Court that day.
- There is no appointment necessary, but registration takes 10-15 minutes, so parents should plan ahead.
- Parents should be prepared to include the floor and room number of where they will be in the courtroom on the registration form.
- The parent will be required to take a picture with his/her child, and the picture will be transferred to a visitor badge-type sticker. The child and parent will each wear this sticker to ensure parents and children match up.
Additional benefits include a bilingual staff for those who speak Spanish and two private “Wellness Rooms” for nursing mothers.
The KIDS SPOT is located on the 1st Floor of the South Tower in the Circuit Courthouse, across the hall from the Family Division Clerk’s Office.
KIDS SPOT is open Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm; however, it is closed for lunch between 12:30-1:15 and children must be picked up by their parents during this time.
For more information, have the client contact the courthouse directly.