Achieving my clients’ goals while maintaining strong client relations are my primary goals in my law practice. Ensuring that my clients remain informed about and understand each stage of their case is central to my representation.
My primary area of practice is Disability Benefits Law which includes:
- Federal employee and Postal worker claims for FERS disability retirement
- Employee claims for long term disability (LTD)
- Disability Income (DI), short term disability (STD) insurance claims, including ERISA litigation and other employee benefit claims
- State of Maryland Disability retirement claims
- Social Security Disability benefit claims
- I also practice in the areas of civil litigation: business disputes and contractual agreements and enforcement
Before joining Andalman & Flynn, I practiced civil litigation in Anne Arundel, Prince George’s, Howard, and Montgomery Counties. Prior to law school, I worked in the Office of Child and Youth Protection in the Office of Cardinal William H. Keeler at the Archdiocese of Baltimore where I trained adults how to recognize signs of child sexual abuse. Additionally, I served as a political consultant on a number of political campaigns and also worked in a government relations firm in the District of Columbia.
I was born and raised in Youngstown, Ohio and currently reside in Silver Spring, Maryland. In my spare time, I enjoy cooking, trying new restaurants, cheering for the Washington Capitals and Baltimore Ravens, and playing billiards. I am the founder of Washington, DC’s first LGBTQ and Allied Billiards League, Stonewall Billiards for which I received the Team DC MVP award for in 2015.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Juris Doctor 2010
- Johns Hopkins University, Master of Arts in American Government 2007
- Youngstown State University, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science 2002, Magna Cum Laude
- Journal of International Law, Symposium Editor
- National Moot Court Competition, Midwest Regional Champion and National Finalist (11th)
- Recipient of 2010 Student Leadership Award
- Intern for the Honorable Brian J. Corrigan in the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas
- Maryland: 2010
- U.S District Court for Maryland: 2011
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Founder and current member of Stonewall Billiards
- Action Committee for Transit, Member Former Legal Representative for the Montgomery County Mental Health Association
- Former Member of the Montgomery County Children’s Panel